Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Diva Dash

I love Austin. This city attracts so many unique events for such a wide range of interests. This weekend the Shape (like the magazine) Diva Dash came to Austin and I recruited SLB to be my diva buddy for the race. She was not thrilled, claiming she is not a runner, but I agreed to wear ridiculous matching outfits, and she quickly accepted.

The race was an all women 5k (3.2 mile) run with 6 different obstacles courses that you had to complete. The obstacles included a tight rope walk, a maze, a cage full of giant 8 foot balls that you had to run through, a long line of huge inner tubes to run through, bobbing and weaving through a tangled mess of ropes, and jumping on inner tubes floating in the lake to avoid falling in the water.

Here we are before the race.

SLB modeling our divalicious outfits! We could never get lost in these shirts. Its hard to see in the pic, but our knee high socks had white and pink skull and cross bones. So awesome.

We did it! We made great time considering we did not train at all. After being pregnant for 9 months and feeling like a double wide trailer for so long, it felt incredible to run. I am so close to getting down to my pre-Reid weight, so more running is what I need.

The best part of the whole race was the free beer! It was Budlight, which is equivalent to dirty river water in my book, but anything cold and free would have tasted good at that point.

I had so much fun SLB! Now its time to find our next race!


3 comments:

Nita_Gilger said...

You are the most awesome Diva ever. Way to go!!!!!

Maryellen said...

Nice job Tucker!

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHA.... I just now saw this. Awesome.