Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Fun

Mark has been working a lot. I mean a lot. His team has a strict deadline for their current game schedule, which has meant working well past midnight on the weekdays, and pulling long hours on the weekends. I admire his dedication and positive attitude, but man oh man, Itty Bitty and I really miss our time with him. So when he said he had Saturday free from work, I jumped at the chance to take a little adventure with my boys.

We started off at the weekly Cedar Park Farmer's Market. We walked around and checked out all the local offerings of meat, eggs, produce, herbs, etc. We bought some local whole bean coffee and shared a giant soft pretzel. Have I ever mentioned I have a slight obsession with soft pretzels? I do. And this one was pretty dang good.

We then headed over to the pet store to introduce Reid to some new animal friends. He watched the fish swim in their tanks, the birds fly around in their cages, and even the creepy looking rats holing around in their own poop. I am generally not a fan of pet stores, but I really wanted to see how Reid would react to all the new stimulation. He dug it.

It was a great Saturday.


1 comment:

Maryellen said...

I LOVE that you're blogging! Sounds like a great Saturday to me too!!!!